Saturday, April 30, 2016

Busy People Weight Loss - How to Squeeze in More Results in Less Time Doing Cardio

You're probably a busy person. You've got the handle the pressure of juggling a job, wife or husband and then kids. Then you put in time for your cardio routine. Some people can walk up the a cardio machine, press "quick start" button to begin and then start their cardio workout.


Cardio

I'll be the first to tell you that I'm not one of those people. For me, cardio is boring. I can't stand running on a treadmill for long periods, say more than 45 minutes. If I was to choose between the treadmill, bike or ellipitical, the machine I hate the least, would have to be the elliptical machine.

Do you want to cut your cardio workout time (and boredom) in half?
Like I said, I cant' stand long periods doing cardio indoors. I'll take it outdoors when possible but sometimes, it just doesn't fit in because of time management reasons.

With shorter sessions, you'll need to focus on quality not quantity.
One tip I do to get myself ready for my workout session is to wear my gym clothes underneath my work clothes. That way, I just strip away and I'm ready for my jog or lifting session. What also helps is if I have my iPod ready with motivating music.

In order to a quick, targeted cardio session, I'll mention two of the most popular machines in my gym, the elliptical or treadmill. (they are so popular at time, especially during peak hours, there is a line to wait your turn)
Can you believe that? Having to wait in line at the gym? While doing any cardio, keep in mind your biomechanical form as this will enhance your calorie burning.

Let's go over two states - Steady State and Intervals. With shorter sessions, you'll need to focus on quality not quantity. Also, don't do more than one intense Interval session a week if you want to keep your motivation up because some my find it taxing on the body.

Start all workouts with a warm up and cool down. That will stay similar along all lines. On the treadmill, walk a couple of minutes for three to four miles mph then jog at five to six miles per hour without an incline. As you get warmer, raise the incline to about four to ten percent. Increase the running speed until you're breathing hard but are far from running out of breath.

Maintain this pace for about 15 minutes.
To cool down, if you raised the incline, lowered it back down so it horizontal. Then jog or walk for two minutes of deceleration. That's going to be about twenty short minutes. For Treadmill Intervals. Start with a warm-up of four minutes at three to four mph and then to five to miles without the incline.
Then boost that up by increasing your running speed to higher mile-per-hour that's leaving you nearly out of breath for a minute. Then recover by slowing down to a jog or brisk walk at five to six mph for one minute repeat that repeat that to the boost and then recover for one minute. Repeat that six more times.
For your cool down, jog then walk for two minutes of deceleration. You got that?
Do you see how simple and brief this is?

Elliptical: 2 Quick Workouts - Steady State and Intervals (Sprint and Climbs)
The are both similar except your positioning on the elliptical and SPM or Strides Per Minute. Because different elipicatal machine models vary, setting intensity levels will vary. I won't list that here.

For your "Steady State" on the elliptical, stand upright with your hands on the upper rail.
Your shoes should touch the front lip of the platform with your knees slightly bent. Your SPM, aim for 70 to 100. For the cool down, for your elliptical "steady state", you want to do two minutes in standing upright, standing position.

Sprint and/or Climb Intervals.
Where are your hands? When climbing, your hands are at the bend closer to the body. When sprinting, your hands should be resting the top of the rail.

In general, when you are doing the climbs, your knees will be bent deeper and the SPM much faster. This will work the glutes and hamstrings more effectively.

Go hard for a minute, slow it down for a minute. Repeat that cycles six more times until you complete 20 minutes.

I like the elliptical because you can engage the upper body much more effectively with the handles found in many machines. This type of training inflicts no impact on the joints offer a range wider range of intensely altering settings than other machines.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Adriel_Yapana/66000

No comments:

Post a Comment